205 Laurel Grove Avenue
Overview: 3+ bedrooms | 3 baths | Guest/Aupair Suite | Pool | Approx 3900 sq. ft | 3-car garage + 2 parking spaces |
Welcome to this meticulous large-scale property on a private four-home cul-de-sac. Grand in design, a formal foyer with custom 12-foot Hubbard doors and limestone floors sets the stage. Beyond, voluminous rooms with gleaming oak floors flow from one to the next, each with bountiful windows and skylights drawing natural light. The setting is serene. Tranquil Zen gardens envelope the home. Gentle paths meander bamboo groves, Japanese maples, rose patches, and vibrant ferns to quiet private decks and seating areas. Full of peace and harmony, these lush grounds emote the quiet meditation of a mindfulness retreat. While tranquility embraces daily, effervescent entertaining beckons too. The designer kitchen opens to the step-down family room which further flows through four broad Nano doors to the pool and barbecue deck. Adults and children alike will be giddy in the indoor-outdoor play on a sunny day.
- Magnificent, spacious kitchen with huge central island, wood-burning fireplace, and top appliances for exquisite cuisine—easily served at the eat-in casual dining space or the adjacent formal dining room
- Step-down family room with built-in wood cabinetry and broad glass doors to the patio
- Huge office (could be 4th bedroom) with built-in cabinetry and views of the pool deck and gardens
- Wonderfully symmetrical square formal living room—this dramatic room is warmed by a wood-burning fireplace and illuminated by a large central skylight and 26 perimeter windows
- Upstairs master suite with two walk-in closets, rooftop deck, spa-like bath, and a wall of windows showcasing towering redwoods and myriad shades of green flora
- Extra-large bedroom suite (could be two rooms) with walk-in closet and a bath with spa tub and glass enclosed shower
- Guest suite with adjacent bath and private deck
- Three wood-burning fireplaces throughout
- Ceiling-mounted speakers in nearly every room for station-controlled music
- Full-sized laundry room with built-in cabinetry
On the eastern slope of Mt. Tamalpais, this home resides in an idyllic town. The school districts shine brightly. The community is tight. The neighborhoods are superb. Shopping nearby or throughout Marin is as easy as pie. This meticulously maintained and large-scale home, in its highly sought-after location, provides a sublime life and lifestyle.